Quantilus Innovation continually monitors cybersecurity news and developments that could impact companies like ours—and yours. Our team has compiled useful information and resources below to grow awareness of potential threats and prevent any compromise to systems.
Most of the working world continues to be a participant in a massive experiment on distributed, remote work structures. However, the coronavirus pandemic combined with the unprecedented, massive work-from-home shift creates another kind of threat—a breeding ground for cyber criminals to capitalize on vulnerabilities. The public health crisis has sparked a rise in cyber incidents, from phishing scams and malware to VPN DDoS attacks and vulnerabilities with teleconferencing and cloud SaaS applications, so here’s the latest on what you need to know:
- Zoom’s CEO announces initiative to help the strengthen the security of their platform after receiving heavy scrutiny.
- A Russian ransomware group is targeting corporate networks and taking advantage of the sudden change in American work environments.
- Bolster’s Q1 2020 State of Phishing and Online Fraud Report found COVID-19 related scams surpassed a quarter of a million.
- Hackers are exploiting Google Analytics to aggregate credit card information from e-commerce sites.
- Personal data and credentials are being stolen from fake apps that are intended to be Coronavirus tracking applications.
- Learn how Apple plans to add Touch and Face ID to its Safari browser.
- Understand what needs to be considered when investing in a cybersecurity program as an enterprise.
- Be aware of how Office 365 phishing campaigns are exploiting large brand names.
- Microsoft reported a large drop in cybercriminal activity after March amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Read about Mozilla’s new VPN service that is now open for beta testing.
- Cisco’s WebEx platform is warned to have three high-severity flaws that can leave small businesses at risk.
- A survey conducted by IBM of U.S. employees working from home resulted in more than half of employees saying they are unaware of their company’s security policies or policy changes.
The cybersecurity specialists at Quantilus can identify your company’s susceptibility to specific external and internal threats and collaborate to mitigate the short-term and long-term risks. Call 212-768-8900 or email email@example.com.