Quantilus has extensive experience in the Retail industry. Some of our major success stories over the years include:
B-to-C eCommerce Platform
GT Brands (Formerly Good Times Entertainment) is the biggest direct marketing company in health and fitness home video market in the country. GT wanted to create a platform that will manage their celebrity endorsed websites that could support their existing infomercial and retail channels of sales.
- GT successfully used Quantilus’ custom built eCommerce platform, which currently manages over forty B2C websites.
- The platform allows GT to manage their catalog that includes thousands of products and over forty brands.
- The platform provides business intelligence analytics and CRM reports for marketing support.
- The eCommerce platform was developed in Borland C++, SQL Server and ASP.
Cairo Used Book Marketplace
- Barnes and Noble.com implemented Cairo, a portal for customers to search for and buy used and out of print books from registered sellers.
- Quantilus developed the customer front-end, customer service tools, and seller portal.
- Integrated CAIRO with BN.com’s SAP ERP solution – handling order management and accounting for the Used Books Marketplace.
- Integrated pay walls – major credit cards services and Paypal.
- Implemented fraud detection rules and policies to flag potentially fraudulent orders.
- Implemented sales tax module for calculating sales taxes based on seller and buyer locations.
Eyecity and iSalvage
Eyecity.com was a publicly traded company, catering to the high-fashion eyewear market.
- The project included creation of a B2C platform, helping Eyecity.com to raise money with Venture Capitalists, and creating roadmap for marketing the website to general public.
- Eyecity.com successfully employed Quantilus’ B2C ecommerce engine for delivering the website.
Isalvage.com operated on a custom built B2B platform that did not perform as expected.
- They initiated a redesign and fixing endeavor. The project included a salvage operation in which existing code was scrutinized and appropriately fixed to meet with the deadlines from the investors.
- The application was developed in VB/ASP using SQL Server for database management.
Airline Ticket Booking Engine
A major airline consolidator needed a B2B ticketing engine to fit into their public website. This engine was built to assist them in bringing their current business on to the Internet, hence reducing the overhead cost for selling tickets to their affiliated retail travel agents.
- Quantilus designed and implemented the Airline Ticket Booking system that automates the sales and sales-related information dissemination process.
- The system integrates with multiple back-end consolidation engines, airline ticketing systems and also with the consolidator’s own discount airfare databases.
- The extranet system was built using Microsoft’s .Net platform.